Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 1 Down!




Emmersyn is finally down for the night - So I can finally get around to this.

Today was a success. However, spending a day without daddy isn't unusual for us. Every 6 days he has duty, where he is on the ship over night. Duty last 24 hours - But if it ends on a week day, he still has to work that full day. So he's gone for a day & a half at times. I realized last night after he left, that this is the 1st time I will be alone with the baby for longer then that amount of time since she was 2 & 3 weeks old.
My mom spent Emmersyn's 1st 6 days of life with me. After that, I was completely on my own until DH got home when Emmersyn was 3 weeks and 1 day old. And to be honest, I loved those 2 weeks we had together where it was just her and I. They are amazing. I enjoyed our mommy/daughter time greatly. As I knew that when daddy got home, life would be much crazier and busier. And boy has it! I feel like we've been going non-stop since he got home at the end of March!





Thankfully, Emmersyn isn't young enough to really be affected by her daddy being gone - But I know that she will be thrilled to see him when he gets home!





I decided that we are going to make the best of our mommy/daughter days together. Even if her nose is running like a fountain, and she is working on her 2nd tooth (which is why her nose is running like crazy). She is still my beautiful, amazing and happy baby. She won't let a simple runny nose, or a new tooth bother her! And neither will mommy. . .
So today - Today we shopped! What's better then a mommy/daughter shopping day? I know I love shopping with MY mommy!





Babies-R-Us made bank off me today!
I ordered my Ergo Baby Carrier- Which I am totally stoked about. We used the Moby Wrap a lot as she was younger and not so heavy. And I haven't worn her much since about 2-3 months because she got to be too heavy for it + it is a lot of material. I decided I would get myself an Ergo with my Birthday money. So I did just that - Finally! I got the Galaxy Grey one. I think it's so cute, and this way I can use it with baby number 2 when the time comes! I cannot wait to test it out - I've heard good things about it!





My MIL said she would buy the baby gates we need when I mentioned that we have to get them (she asked if there's any expensive things we need). So we headed into the Babies-R-Us store for those. . . And I got Emmersyn her first Christmas present. It's the bath time letters and numbers (I am too lazy to look it up). She's only going to get a few toys (picked out already) from us, some puzzles and books and maybe some outfits. MIL has got her a lot of clothes already and will get some toys. And my parents. . . I dunno what they plan on getting her (they don't have anything in mind yet) but my mom said they aren't doing much this year since she'll be so young. Which is fine and understandable.
I cannot believe I am thinking//talking about Christmas - And SHOPPING for Christmas!





Right next to our BRU is Target. Yes, it is very dangerous to have both of them just steps away from each other. I needed bread so we headed into Target. . . I got my bread. As well as some Baby Mum Mums and Biter Biscuits for Emmersyn. And I picked up Eat Pray Love for me. I've never been much of a reader - But it is something relaxing and I figured with DH gone, I might as well try it out. And I've heard good things about this book + it isn't too terribly long. So we'll see how it goes.






All that shopping wore little miss out! So we came home and she napped while I washed bottles and got some things cleaned up. Of course, what I cleaned up is now wrecked again. Hah. We spent the night in, just relaxing and talking to each other.
Emmersyn is starting to make new sounds. . . One which consist of "Dada". She first said it in her super tired babble on Saturday now. DH and I were laying in the bed with her in her pack-n-play next to the bed just listening to her babble/waiting to see if she fell asleep. And she said it. He was thrilled. I figured it was coming. She's said it randomly since then. It's great and I know he just loves it!





Her first tooth (bottom left) is all the way through and every day it comes out more and more. It's starting to get noticeable when she smiles, but only if you're looking for it. And I am 99% sure that her 2nd tooth will be popping through soon, too. Since she has a [clear] runny nose. I am thinking her 1st 'cold' a few weeks ago wasn't really a cold, but rather teething. Since a week/week and a half later, the 1st tooth popped through. And now she has a runny nose again. Eeep!
Her sitting up is getting better every day. I think next week we may move up to our level 2 Gymboree class. . . We'll see what they say when we go to class tomorrow. I can now put her down and steady her, and she'll sit up and play for a bit. . . And then she kinda slowly falls and gets onto her tummy.

Ahh - When did she get so big?!
Over all - Day 1 of missing daddy was a success. I did fail at trying to get us back on our morning routine. . . But lets face it, 6:30 is too early for this mommah! Emmersyn thought so, too, as she went back to sleep around 8am and we slept until almost 10. Hopefully tomorrow she'll wake up between 7-7:30 and I can attempt to get my bottom out of bed and get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0