Thursday, March 11, 2010

1 Week

My princess is fast asleep - I figured now is a good time to update.
:)
I still need to get to typing up her birth story - But today was the 1st day we didn't have to go to the hospital for a billi recheck.

We're still battling the jaundice. . . And as a last ditch effort, I started giving her formula today. :( I really wanted to avoid that - But this jaundice is stubborn and not going away, so I figured I'll give it a go. At first I was giving her the boob, then an oz or so of formula and then pumping the rest out. . . But that was over feeding her. So now I am just giving her a bottle of formula, and pumping. We'll see how it goes. . . I am praying that A) it'll work and B) it won't mess up breast feeding or my supply. I'm using bottles that are suppose to be good for BF'd babies - 1st Year Breastflow bottles. So hopefully that helps. . . We have been going to the doctor daily to get her levels checked. Her poor little heals!! She is such a trooper though - Fusses for a bit but never cries. They gave us a break today - But we go back tomorrow. It takes a good couple hours - Which sucks, but it gets us out of the house.
Other then the jaundice, she is a perfectly healthy baby girl. She's had about 3 different doctors outside of the hospital check her out, and all have said the same! She has a slight left hip click, but it's nothing major or worrisome. If only we can beat this jaundice!!!

I cannot believe it's been a week. I am so in love with her, and I cannot remember what life was like without her. She's such a perfect little angel. . . Such a good eater & sleeper. And she loves to cuddle with her mommy. I didn't plan on it - But right now we are cosleeping. We both sleep SO much better this way. We'll see what happens when daddy gets home!

That's really all I have to update on. . . I'll leave y'all with some pics I just uploaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0