Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All American Girl

Business first. . .
:)
Support My Troop


My first ever guest post! I'll be featured there tomorrow [Wednesday]! I am pretty excited to get to guest post and hopefully this'll be motivation enough to get me posting more.

To be honest, I am still lost and confused about where exactly to 'fit in' in this blogger world. I am use to blogging about our day-to-day life, but that gets boring. And I find not many people tend to be drawn to that. At least, not in the boring way. I need to find a way to keep it fun and creative. . . 
For now, though, it's all about my little missy. Of course.

The song I'll be posting through out this post reminds me so much of DH & I. . .
Since the day they got married,
He'd been praying for a little baby boy.
Someone he could take fishing,
Throw the football and be his pride and joy.
He could already see him holding that trophy,
Taking his team to state.
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket,
All those big dreams changed.


This week has been a fun one for Emmersyn - And an exhausting one for mommy! My little piglet figured out how to foll from her back to belly. And she's a champ at it - Loves doing it. Yay! Right? Wrong. She doesn't like tummy time. And thanks to her reflux, I often find her in a puddle of spit up after only a few minutes on her belly. She insist on rolling over, though. As soon as I lay her on her back, she is rolling her little hiney over. I give her a couple minutes - And then she starts getting frustrated and screams at me. So I go to roll her over. . . Half the time, she'll resist and scream at me, but STILL doesn't wanna be on her tummy. The other half, I can get her flopped over without issues - But then she is right back onto her tummy and frustrated at me within minutes.

Exhausting.


And now he's wrapped around her finger,
She's the center of his whole world.
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.



I normally end up with her in my lap. Which all she wants to do then is stand. I know they say babies don't know what bored is, can't get bored, ect. . . But this kid gets so antsy and isn't digging anything we have for her. I've spent most my days the past week bouncing her back and forth between her play gym, a blanket on the floor with toys all around her, her jumperoo and my lap. 
What in the world am I suppose to do with a 4.5 month old?!

Sixteen short years later,
She was falling for the senior football star.
Before you knew it he was dropping passes,
Skipping practice just to spend more time with her.



My good friend out here, who's daughter is 10.5 months older then Emmersyn, will be home from a month old trip back to her home state of VA. And now that Em is getting older and summer is here, we're hoping to get together more often for the girls to play. A library out here has story time on Fridays, infants-2 years old, that we're wanting to go to together. We do Gymboree on Tues & Thurs, which last 45 minutes and always wears her out. . .  But what in the world are we suppose to do at home to keep her happily occupied?


The coach said "Hey son, what's your problem? Tell me, have you lost your mind?"
Daddy said "You'll lose your free ride to college. Boy you better tell her goodbye".



Another new & exciting thing in Emmersyn and mommies world is - BABY GIGGLES! Ahh. . . I love it. And the look on her daddies face when he heard it? Absolutely priceless. I wish I had a video camera. Or just a camera, period. It was amazing and melted my heart. She giggled at me. . . So between his look/reaction and her giggles, I was grinning ear to ear with tears in my eyes. She did it again last night and it was just as adorable and awesome. It's still hit or miss, but it's amazing!

But now he's wrapped around her finger,
She's the center of his whole world.
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American...


Gymboree is going great. Emmersyn is starting to show her little personality more and more each week, and I love it. Everybody gets a kick out of her little screams and grunts and cracks up each time she lets a shriek out. She doesn't seem to be a shy one by any means these days!!

And not to jinx things *knock on wood* but the past 2 nights she's slept through the night again!

And when they got married and decided to have one of their own,
She said "Be honest, tell me what do you wanted?"
And he said "Honey, you oughta know... Sweet, little, beautiful... one just like you. Oh a beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American..."

[Trey Ryan]

Emmersyn is no longer the baby on DH's side (though she'll always be my baby). His sister had this little cutie, her 3rd boy, on July 12th. Weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 2oz. And yesterday we got to meet him, as they took a day trip out here to see friends & stopped by for dinner and to hang out for a couple hours. It was great to see my 2 older nephews & meet the youngest little monster.


Now he's wrapped around her finger,
She's the center of his whole world.
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.
All American Girl.
 



Emmersyn looked like a monster next to him -- And he felt light as a feather when I picked him up. It's hard to believe that she was that small just 4 months ago. Seriously - Where has the time gone?!?

She's amazing. I love her so much and absolutely adore being her mommy. . . Even if it's an exhausting job - It's the most rewarding jobs out there!


Here's all the kiddos. . . Ely is almost 10 (L), Ty is 3 (R) and then little Trey at 1 week old and Emmersyn at 4.5 months. She may be the only girl, but if she's anything like her mommah -- She'll be keeping up with them and then some in no time at all!

Emmersyn will be on vacation with completely no internet the 1st week of August. . . We're off to spend a week at the lake with my parents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0