Monday, May 24, 2010

Monkey Minutes - *snort* edition


1 - Do you *snort*?
I do not.

2 - Our friend, has a nickname and it's Daffy.  What's your nickname?
My most used one, and ones I have my friends kiddos go by, is Lyssa. A handful [small handful] of people call me Ally. Growing up, however, Lissy was the main one. My dear husband likes to randomly call me it just to 'grind my gears'.

3 - Do you know sign language?
Very little. Very, very little. As in "eat" & "more". . . And I knew a little bit more, but I forgot.

4 - What's a sample convo from your hood?
A few weeks ago, the husband and I had to run to the bank to deposit money. . . It was a beautiful, nice, warm sunny day. We had the kid with us. Of course. I don't go anywhere without her. Or rarely do, I should say. So we got her out of the car, and were walking into the bank. I had the kid up on looking over my shoulder. She's very observant and likes to see everything around her. Some random lady gets out of her car around the same time, she was walking into the bank as well. And she starts walking over to us. I thought "Oh, here comes someone else to tell us how cute our kid is/ask how old she is." Yeah. I was wrong. She mumbled something. I could barely hear her. So I asked what. She then proceeds to tell me that the kid is going to get sun burnt, that I need to get her blocked from the sun. Excuse me? Really, in the 2 mintues it takes the walk into the bank, my kid is gonna get burnt? I think not. I was so dumbfounded. I just moved the kid down to my chest & blocked her as best as I could. The lady seemed pleased. I just. . . Didn't know what to say. Walking back out, she was sitting in her car and being the smart ass I am, I asked my dear husband "So should I be walking backwards to keep her out of the sun?" Hah.
*disclaimer- I do not let my baby sit in the sun for long amounts of times. But I do not shade her from the sun every time it touches her skin. She is a breastfed baby, and was a jaundice baby. The Vit D is not going to kill her - She needs it.*

5 - Do you sleep with electronic devices - i.e. laptop, Blackberry, iPhone, etc?
When my husband is home, I just have my Blackberry in bed with me. I don't have a night stand on my side of the bed. I have the babies pack-n-play. And we have a CA King bed. So anything that'd be on a night stand of mine, is on the edge of the bed by the pack-n-play. And that way I don't have to reach over the husband when my alarm goes off during the week to feed the kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0